Students in good academic standing in the UNM Honors College are invited to apply for a staff position the spring prior to the year in which they wish to serve on the staff. Normally, those students accepted for Scribendi serve as staff members for two semesters beginning in the fall. Students are not accepted for the Scribendi staff in the middle of the academic year, which is the middle of our process. All staff members commit to a two-semester sequence of classes associated with the Scribendi process offered through UNM’s Honors College, or have to work out a learning schedule with that year’s staff.
We encourage you to carefully consider all of the information offered here and on the rest of this website. If you are still interested in becoming a staff member (and we sincerely hope you are!), please follow the application procedures outlined below.
1. Students wishing to apply for a staff position may either pick up an application on the table outside the Scribendi office or download the Staff Application Form, fill it out, and email it to the Faculty Advisor, Amaris Ketcham, at email@example.com.
2. After you have submitted your application, you will be contacted to set up an in-person interview.
3. Your application and your interview will be taken into consideration by the faculty advisor.
4. After your interview, you should be notified within two weeks as to whether or not you have been accepted.
Want to be on Scribendi but can’t commit all the hours? You can volunteer! Talk to the editors, and we can work out a schedule for you to help out the magazine at events. You can learn about the publishing process and help bring the magazine to the public! Visit our office or email us for more details.
Interested in joining our staff, but don’t attend UNM?
Each year, the UNM students who serve as Scribendi staff members gain amazing experience in the process and methods of small press publications. We would very much like Honors students in other WRHC schools to have the opportunity to take part in this experience. Therefore, we invite students to consider becoming part of our Visiting Staff Exchange Program.
To take part in this program, students will likely need to:
• Be students in good standing in an honors program at a WRHC school;
• Commit to attending UNM for two semesters and serving as a Scribendi staff member during both semesters;
• Apply for and be accepted for a one-year National Student Exchange;
• Read the information on the Staff page, fill out the staff application form, and email your application along with a brief message letting Scribendi know of your intent to take part in this program to Scribendi’s current editors and faculty advisor, Professor Amaris Ketcham;
• Get one letter of recommendation for the program from an Honors teacher or administrator (this letter may be sent to Professor Amaris Ketcham via email or snail mail).
Although students who wish to take part in the Visiting Staff Exchange Program will not receive financial support from Scribendi or the UNM Honors College, they will be accepted into the Scribendi staff.
We encourage you to carefully consider all of the information offered here and on the rest of this website. If you are still interested in becoming a staff member (and we sincerely hope you are!), please follow the application procedures outlined above.
For questions or more information, contact the Scribendi office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 277-7407, or Professor Amaris Ketcham, Scribendi faculty advisor, at email@example.com or (505) 277-4351.